Big Machine Label Group (Big Machine Records,
The Valory Music Company, and Republic Nashville) offers an excellent opportunity for college students to learn about the music business.
Thanks for your interest in the Big Machine Label Group. We are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back often as we'll start accepting applications soon.
Students work closely with staff and are given real-life samples of work in the music business. Our structured internship program is designed to provide insight and exposure to full record company operations. Internships are offered in the fall, winter, spring and summer semesters and schedules are set by students.
Opportunities are available in areas such as:
- Radio Promotions
- Strategic Research
- Partnership Marketing & Promotion Strategy
- Public Relations
- International Marketing & Promotion
- Creative Services (Graphic Design & Film/Video)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Students who express a strong interest regarding a career in the music industry
- Those who possess a strong work ethic, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and show proficiency in basic computer programs (i.e. Microsoft Office software)
- Juniors or seniors currently enrolled in a college/university that allows college credit (letter of proof is required). Internships are non-paid positions.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Internship duration is one semester (applicants may re-apply for another semester)
- Intern will work on site during regular business hours
- Internship provides exposure to full record company operations
- Students are advised to indicate a preference among the following departments: Radio Promotions, Sales and Marketing/Production/Interactive, Administration/Accounting, Promotion Strategy & New Media, Public Relations, A&R, and Creative Services.
Due to differences between universities calendars and other student obligations (outside job, classes, etc.), students are responsible for setting their own schedules. Our regular office hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm. There may be certain events where interns have the opportunity to help outside these hours.