Big Machine Label Group
- Big Machine Label Group was recently featured in Forbes in a stellar article about the company titled How Scott Borchetta Built Country's Hottest Label. The article spotlights the label group's success from start to present, including its publishing venture and racing ties. Read the full article here.
- Congratulations to Big Machine Label Group and General Mills, as their Outnumber Hunger partnership recently received a huge award. At the General Mills year-end meeting, the initiative received the General Mills Champions Award, which is the company's highest honor. Thank you to everyone who was involved in making the second year of Outnumber Hunger a huge success!
Big Machine Label Group
- Taylor Swift continued a stellar year by dominating the 2013 edition of Billboard.com's Mid-Year Music Awards poll, which allowed fans to weigh in on their favorite artists, songs, albums and performance of the first six months of the year. After voting officially concluded when June rolled over into July, hundreds of thousands of entries were tallied and the 23-year-old country superstar came out on top in three key categories, including the coveted First-Half MVP contest. Swift, whose fourth studio album "Red" scored the biggest debut sales week of 2012 upon its release last October, has spent much of 2013 supporting the full-length on her massive Red world tour, which began in March and will continue through December. The singer has also taken time to perform at ceremonies like the 55th Annual Grammy Awards and the 2013 Billboard Music Awards -- the latter at which she also won the Artist of the Year trophy -- while also collecting more hits like "I Knew You Were Trouble, "22" and "Everything Has Changed" to follow her first Hot 100 chart-topper, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." Billboard.com fans did their part in recognizing Swift's many achievements over the past six months: she was named First-Half MVP, topping artists like Justin Timberlake and Beyonce handily; "Red," which returned to the top of the Billboard 200 albums chart earlier this year, was bestowed with the 'Favorite Billboard 200 No. 1 Album' award; and the Red tour trumped Rihanna's Diamonds tour to earn the title of the voter's favorite live show on 2013.
- Lennon and Maisy Stella, the sister actresses from ABC's NASHVILLE, appeared on The View this week. Go here to watch the girls' interview with the hosts about what's coming up on Season 2 of NASHVILLE, as well as their performance of their hit song "Ho Hey."
- Congratulations to The Band Perry, whose hit single "DONE." was the #1 song on Canadian radio this week!
- Republic Nashville continues to reign in Canada, as Florida Georgia Line's Here's To The Good Times topped the Canadian Country Albums Sales Chart this week! The album also ranked #14 on Canada's Top 200 Albums chart! The guys also announced their Here's To The Good Times 2013 Tour this week by releasing a sneak peek of their tour poster (below). The tour kicks off on October 3rd, but the first show announced is their October 19th Minor League Baseball Stadium show in Lexington, KY. The remaining tour dates are expected to be announced on July 15th, so stay tuned.
- Greg Bates has a new gig this weekend — wedding singer! Fans Charlie Bontempo and Gabi Kisson personally requested the talented singer/songwriter to perform at their wedding in Los Angeles. The wedding aired on a special episode of Home and Family on the Hallmark Channel this past Friday (7/5) at 10A ET/9A CT. Graciously accepting the newlywed's offer, Greg serenaded the couple with the unreleased song, "My Vow" and his Top 5 hit “Did It For The Girl." See a photo of Greg with the happy couple below.