Big Machine Records
- The RIAA has officially certified Taylor Swift's "Begin Again" as Platinum (her 21st Platinum-seller) and "22" as Gold (her 30th Gold song!). Tim McGraw's "One Of Those Nights" was also certified Gold, making the song his 14th single to hit the mark!
- Taylor Swift hit another milestone this week, as her video for "I Knew You Were Trouble" crossed over 100 million views on VEVO, making it her 5th CERTIFIED video!
- Last year during the Brothers of the Sun Tour, Tim McGraw teamed up with Chase and Operation Homefront for his HomeFront program, through which he awards a new, mortgage-free home to a military veteran and his or her family at each tour stop. The program was so well received and so successful that Tim will re-launch the program on his Two Lanes of Freedom Tour to give away a homes at each of his tour stops this summer. Last year he gave away 30 homes, and this year he will give 31 deserving families a new home. “Launching our HomeFront program made last summer so much more special than I could have originally imagined,” says Tim. “I can honestly say that I got as much – or more – out of the experience than the veterans who received the new homes and assistance. These families made an incredible mark on me, and I'm more grateful than I've ever been for the sacrifices they make every day to serve our country. I'm just honored to be a part of this program, and I look forward to working with Chase and Operation Homefront to take it even further this summer." For more information, visit OperationHomefront.net.
The Valory Music Co.
- Thomas Rhett has a new single, "It Goes Like This," at radio! Hear the song and see the brand new lyric video here!
- Check out The Band Perry in the newest edition of Rolling Stone (on stands now). This sidebar (below) was included in their "Best of Rock: 25 Reasons To Be Excited About Rock Right Now" feature. The band also appeared this week on The Talk, where they were interviewed (see the video here) and hit the stage for a performance (see the video here).
- Florida Georgia Line performed on Leno this week. See a photo below and watch their performance [here[(http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/tuesday-april-30-2013/n36155/?tin=2253) (FGL performs at approx. 37:35)!
- Greg Bates kicked off Derby weekend, performing at Louisville’s Fest-de-Ville Derby Eve Jam on Friday (5/3). The set included the talented singer/songwriter's Top 5 hit “Did It For The Girl,” his latest single “Fill In The Blank” and a few other new tunes slated for his debut album on Republic Nashville. Before playing the event, Bates said, ""I've been to the Derby a number of times and always had a blast. To be able to play on Derby Eve with Kix Brooks should be a lot of fun!"
- Although the nightly concerts at this year’s CMA Music Festival have sold out, there will be plenty of live music and free performances for people to see, including nearly 50 performances on the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage, which will be up and running every day during the festival. The line-up for the Riverfront Stages was announced yesterday and it includes Republic Nashville's Greg Bates! The Riverfront Stage performances will be free and open to the public. For a complete schedule and line-up visit CMAfest.com.
- Several Republic Nashville artists made visits to Nashville's More At Midday this week, talking about the upcoming CMA Music Festival. RaeLynn was featured on Wednesday's episode (see the interview here), while Greg Bates stopped by on Thursday and Cassadee Pope visited the studio on Friday!
- Cassadee Pope started her radio tour this week in promotion of the lead single from her debut project on Republic Nashville, which she will premiere live June 4th on The Voice, the reality singing competition which she won last season. She is also working with CMT on a docu-series, which will debut in the Fall and give fans an inside look into the making of her album. See a photo from the first stop of her radio tour below!
- Blake Shelton recently released the video for "Boys Round Here" and RaeLynn is featured in the video! Get the details and see the video here.