Big Machine Records
- Taylor Swift brought home 2 awards last Sunday at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards, bringing her total TCA count to 22! She won Choice Country Female Artist and brought home the award for Choice Country Song with her hit "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
- Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas has been rumored to be one of the people who will join Keith Urban at the judges’ table for the next season of American Idol, but it turns out there’s another country star he’d like to work with as well. He’s collaborated with the likes of Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears, but he tells E! Online he’d really love to work with Taylor Swift. "Taylor Swift is dope,” he said. “I like the girl. We could do something really fantasy-like. That would be cool." No word on if Taylor has responded to his offer, but considering she’s starting to think of collaborators to work with for her next album, it’s a distinct possibility, to say the least.
- Rascal Flatts is busy working on the follow-up to their Changed album in between tour dates on their Live and Loud Tour, and Joe Don Rooney tells The Oakland Press, “We’re probably about a third of the way through it. We’ve recorded probably eight songs now, and really three or four of them are high on our radar right now. It kind of set the bar for us.” They’ve decided to take a bit of a different approach with this next album, working with a new producer, Howard Benson, who has produced albums for rock acts such as Bon Jovi, Daughtry and Hoobastank. The guys are excited and hopeful that they’ll be challenged in new ways and new directions musically. “It’s nothing against any producers we worked with in the past,” says Joe Don, “but we just have a different drive right now. It’s not like we’re trying to prove something. We just want to make a great project, and sonically we want it to sound different and do some songs we would have never cut, maybe, in the past and try to push ourselves and see what else we can come up with.” So far, there has been no date announced for the next album.
- Due to popular demand, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are reviving their Soul2Soul show at the Venetian in Las Vegas for a limited engagement beginning in late October and running through April 2014. Similar to their first run in Vegas, they will play 10 select weekends over the six months, with the first tickets on sale now through Venetian.com. "We made the most out of our short time in Vegas and had a lot of fun on-stage and off-stage, but it seemed like it was over just as we were getting good and warmed up," says Tim. "The reaction was impossible to ignore, so it was a total no-brainer to add more shows when the Venetian asked us. It's been an ideal way for us to be able to perform together." The second run of dates for Soul2Soul at The Venetian will kick off the weekend of October 25th and 26th. A limited number of VIP Packages – including preferred seating in the front row, a complimentary pre-fixe dinner at select resort restaurants, two complimentary drinks at the show, a merchandise credit and more – are available by visiting Venetian.com or by calling 877-662-SOUL.
The Valory Music Company
- Starting August 27th, fans will be able to pre-order the deluxe edition of Justin Moore's upcoming album, OFF THE BEATEN PATH, in stores September 17th! Justin also recently announced his headlining OFF THE BEATEN PATH Tour starring Randy Houser plus special guest Josh Thompson. Click here for details!
- Thursday night, Brantley Gilbert surprised fans at a Justin Moore show. Brantley jumped on stage to say hi to the crowd, but also to make sure everyone knew just how awesome Justin is! See a photo below.
- Thomas Rhett was featured in an article today in USA Today, aptly titled "On The Verge: Thomas Rhett Owns The Country Chart." The article, written by Brian Mansfield, talks about how the second-generations singer is finding additional success as other artists cut his songs. Read the full article here.
- Thomas Rhett crossed a HUGE milestone this week, as he officially crossed over 1 million tracks sold! Congratulations TR!
- Award-winning family trio The Band Perry this week announced the WE ARE PIONEERS WORLD TOUR, their first worldwide headline arena tour in support of their heralded album, PIONEER. The WE ARE PIONEERS WORLD TOUR will kick off in Gothenburg, Sweden on November 8, 2013 at Tradgarn and crisscross Europe for five weeks before the band jumps back across the Atlantic blazing trails across North America. Click here for sneak preview! Don't forget...The Band Perry's NEW single, "Don't Let Me Be Lonely" is out at radio now!
- Last Friday (8/9), the GRAMMY-nominated Eli Young Band performed an early morning concert during the FOX & Friends All-American Summer Concert Series. Fans braved the rain and heat to catch a glimpse of the band performing #1 hits “Crazy Girl” and “Even If It Breaks Your Heart” as well as other tunes from their critically-acclaimed LIFE AT BEST album. The band also performed their new single “Drunk Last Night,” off their forthcoming album on Republic Nashville. Watch here. EYB took to the stage Saturday night (8/10) at MetLife stadium as the opening act for Kenny Chesney on the NO SHOES NATION TOUR. The talented foursome has been previewing new music on the hugely successful tour, which runs through the end of August.
- Eli Young Band is set to headline the Drunk Last Night Fall/Winter Tour, with guest Eric Paslay (EMI). Select dates will also include Warner Brothers artist Josh Abbott Band and other guests. The nearly 30-date tour will launch in Kansas City, Mo. on Oct. 3 and end in mid-December. Other tour stops include Chicago, Chattanooga, Tenn.; and El Paso, Texas. Go here for a full list of tour dates.
- Titled FRAME BY FRAME, hot newcomer Cassadee Pope is revealing details about her debut Country project … piece by piece. The dynamic vocalist is today unveiling the official tracklist for her October 8 album on Republic Nashville. Showcasing soaring melodies and edgy lyrics, Dann Huff produced the 11-song album with Nathan Chapman, Max Martin and Shellback contributing to select tracks. The empowering lead single, “Wasting All These Tears,” is available on iTunes, already selling over 230,000 downloads and catapulting into the #1 spot on the iTunes Top Country Songs chart. Continuously looking to involve her fans in the release, Cassadee recently let them choose the cover artwork for FRAME BY FRAME via an online vote. The petite powerhouse will also offer an advance preview of new tracks, beginning today (8/13) with the inspiring “You Hear A Song,” available here. Through her Instagram, Cassadee will share with fans directly which song they’ll get a taste of next on iTunes. See the full album tracklist here.
- Cassadee Pope has been on tour with Rascal Flatts all summer, but after her opening performance in St. Louis on Friday night, she surprised fans with an impromptu meet and greet. Hundreds of fans lined up to snap a photo with The Voice champion. See the photo of the line wrapping through the venue below!