Big Machine Records
- Taylor Swift surpassed yet another record-breaking career milestone this week, becoming the solo artist with the most sell-outs at LA's Staples center. When she closed out her fourth sold-out show at the arena on Saturday night, she claimed the record, making it her 11th sell-out. She surpassed Madonna and Justin Timberlake (7 sell-outs each) and most notably Britney Spears (who previously held the record with 10).
- Congratulations to Taylor Swift for bringing home the trophy for Female Video of the Year tonight at the MTV Video Music Awards! Taylor also graces the cover of this month's CARAS magazine, Mexico's #1 magazine for entertainment, pop culture and fashion. See the cover below.
- Tim McGraw celebrated his latest No. one song in Nashville yesterday for the multi-week hit "Highway Don't Care" with Taylor Swift, featuring Keith Urban on guitar. The monster collaboration is McGraw's 34th No. one song and second No. one from his Big Machine Records debut, TWO LANES OF FREEDOM. On hand for the celebration were songwriters Brett Warren, Brad Warren and Mark Irwin, Big Machine's Scott Borchetta, Keith Urban as well as a packed room of friends, industry and press. Read the full story here and see a photo from the party below.
- Duracell is teaming up with Tim McGraw to donate a million batteries to first responders across North America as a way to celebrate the launch of its new Duracell Quantum batteries. McGraw will host a series of spots, dubbed "Quantum Heroes," highlighting the heroic efforts of first responders in crisis situations. Today's premiere spot highlights the work of the FDNY during Hurricane Sandy. Others, including the video embedded above, focus on other scenarios in which first responders put their lives on the line to help others. McGraw is a longtime supporter of first responders' efforts, especially in his home state of Louisiana, making the partnership an ideal fit. "When [Duracell] asked me to be the host of the Quantum Heroes video series, I couldn't say no," he said in a statement. Read the full story here.
The Valory Music Co.
- Arkansas native and hit singer/songwriter Justin Moore will perform a free public concert on Friday Sept. 13 at the University of Arkansas, beginning at 7 p.m. Held in parking lot 56 on campus, the special event is sponsored by Razorback Athletics and will be a part of Family Weekend, which amps up the excitement for the Arkansas’ home football game against Southern Mississippi at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 14. Justin will attend the game as a special guest of the University of Arkansas, cheering on his favorite team … the Razorbacks! Get all of the details and read Justin's statement here. Justin wants a lucky winner to be a VIP guest, and CMT is giving away the chance. Go here to enter.
- Thomas Rhett announced today that his debut album IT GOES LIKE THIS is set for release October 29 on The Valory Music Co. The singer/songwriter, who USA Today recently claimed “owns the Country chart,” has been burning up the airwaves this summer with the album’s Top 15-and-rising title track. Nearing sales of 500,000, “It Goes Like This” continues to be the best-selling Country single on the iTunes Country Singles Chart, just behind Luke Bryan. Thomas Rhett will also be headlining a string of album release club shows on street week, hitting top markets Jacksonville (10/31), Atlanta (11/1), Chicago (11/2) And Minneapolis (11/3). To reveal the album cover, the Georgia native engaged his fans with a unique social media campaign. Utilizing #ThomasRhett across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, fans “unlocked” video content from his childhood and ultimately -- the album cover. Watch the 16-video collection via reveal.thomasrhett.com to get a glimpse into Thomas Rhett’s musical upbringing, including rare images with his dad (and hit songwriter) Rhett Akins. Read the full press release here.
- Thomas Rhett was featured in USA Today, spotlighted in a special piece titled On The Verge: Thomas Rhett Owns The Country Chart. In case you missed the article praising the singer/songwriter, written by Brian Mansfield, read the full article here.
- The Band Perry has announced they will be embarking on their first worldwide headlining tour, the We Are Pioneers World Tour, beginning in November in Europe. They’ll kick it off on November 8th in Gothenburg, Sweden and spend five weeks crisscrossing Europe before heading back to North America. “We live to play. In our minds everything we do - writing, recording, interviews, appearances - is the means to the live end,” says Kimberly Perry. “ To fully and totally understand our band, you have to see us live. It's the three of us in our element, our living room, our therapy session, our recess. We can't wait to bring WE ARE PIONEERS to the world.” The Band Perry is designing an entirely new show, including a new set, sound, lights and a few surprises. For their North American dates Easton Corbin and Lindsay Ell will open for them. “We believe pioneers are everywhere. Big and small, young and old, on North-American shores and abroad – we are coming to find you!” says Neil Perry.
- Eli Young Band confirms plans to headline DRUNK LAST NIGHT Fall/Winter Tour with special guest EMI’s Eric Paslay. Select dates will also feature Warner Brother’s Josh Abbott Band and other artists TBA. After spending the summer touring the nation with Kenny Chesney, performing in Football stadiums and Arenas, EYB will hit the road once again as a headliner. Kicking off on October 3 in Kansas City and ending in mid December, the band will perform nearly 30 dates on the tour before the end of the year. The tour will make stops including New York City, Baltimore and Raleigh among others. For tour dates and more information, visit EliYoungBand.com.
- Florida Georgia Line and Sheryl Crow will announce the final nominees for this year’s CMA Awards on September 10th in New York City. They’ll announce the nominees in five categories live on Good Morning America on ABC in the 8:30am ET half-hour of the show, then at 9:45am ET they will be at the Best Buy Theater in Times Square to announce the finalists in the remaining seven categories. The 47th annual CMA Awards will be hosted by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood for a sixth consecutive time in Nashville on November 6th. Ticket information for the CMA Awards will be announced on September 10th on CMAawards.com.
- Cassadee Pope is set to perform on America's Got Talent! Pope joins One Direction for the special AGT episode on August 28th. A message on America's Got Talent's Twitter feed announced the performances: "BREAKING: @onedirection and @NBCTheVoice winner @CassadeePope to perform on #AGT on August 28! #1DonAGTAugust28 #CassadeeOnAGTAug28." Be sure to tune in this Wednesday to see Cassadee's performance!