Big Machine Records
- Happy Birthday to Big Machine Records! The record label officially turns 8 years old today! Thank you to all of our artists, radio friends, partners, and fans for taking this incredible journey with us!
- Taylor Swift is continuing to take Country music internationally as she graces the cover of this month's issue of Gisele, a top local fashion magazine in Japan (circulation 200,000). See the cover below!
- When Tim McGraw hosted his Superstar Summer Night special in conjunction with the Academy of Country Music earlier this year, it was staged in part as a fundraiser for the ACM Lifting Lives program, which distributes funds to various charitable organizations. The ACM was proud to announce that ultimately Tim and all the artists who donated their time to be a part of the special, including Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, John Fogerty, Brantley Gilbert, Faith Hill, Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Nelly, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, Florida Georgia Line, Lady Antebellum and The Band Perry, raised $700,000 for ACM Lifting Lives.
- Danielle Bradbery, the 17-year-old Texas native who sang her way into the national spotlight on Season 4 of ‘The Voice,’ will perform the national anthem prior to the GEICO 400 on Sunday, Sept. 15, at Chicagoland Speedway. Bradbery will join label mate Brantley Gilbert at Chicagoland Speedway, when he performs an infield pre-race concert prior to the GEICO 400, the first race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. While all fans with a Sunday race ticket will be able to enjoy the concert from the grandstands, Pit and Infield Fan Zone Experience pass holders will be able to walk down to the infield to enjoy his No. 1 hits such as “Country Must Be Country Wide” and “You Don’t Know Her Like I Do.” Though season ticket holders receive complimentary Pit and Infield Fan Zone Experience passes, they will also be available for purchase to non-season ticket holders. For $50, fans can purchase the pass for Sunday’s GEICO 400 that will put them close to the stage as Brantley performs. For tickets to the GEICO 400, the Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola, or the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race here or by calling 1-888-629-RACE (7223).
- Danielle Bradbery stopped by Yahoo! Ram Country this week. Go here to see her perform acoustic versions of "The Heart Of Dixie" and "Never Like This" here, as well as an exclusive interview.
The Valory Music Co.
- Justin Moore will be releasing his third album, OFF THE BEATEN PATH, on September 17th. Pre-orders have already begun for the deluxe version of the album, which is available as part of exclusive merch bundles or or with instant access to early-released tracks. You can pre-order the Deluxe Edition of OFF THE BEATEN PATH at iTunes, Walmart, and Amazon. Get your album now and check out Justin's newly-launched website here.
- Justin Moore entertained a live crowd (and fans online) from the FOX & Friends outdoor stage in New York City on Friday (8/30). Fans got to hear his three #1 hits – “Small Town USA,” “If Heaven Wasn’t So Far Away” and “Til My Last Day” - as well as Justin's latest Top 10-and-climbing single "Point At You." The lead single will be featured on OFF THE BEATEN PATH, which is in stores on September 17. The talented singer/songwriter has been previewing the new music all Summer and will embark on his OFF THE BEATEN PATH TOUR November 1 with special guest Randy Houser and Josh Thompson.
- Siblings Kimberly, Reid and Neil – the superstar trio better known as The Band Perry – celebrated their fourth #1 song on Monday for their most recent hit “DONE.” The celebration marks a milestone for Reid and Neil Perry, as this is their very first #1 song as writers. Music industry insiders packed the historic Bridge Building in downtown Nashville to share in the success of Nashville’s hottest new country trio. The party, hosted by BMI, SESAC, Red Light Management, WME, BMLG and Major Bob Music, honored The Band Perry and co-writers John & Jacob. In addition to the plethora of #1 awards presented to the writers and The Band Perry by The CMA, Country Radio Broadcasters, BMI, SESAC and Major Bob Music, Republic Nashville also presented the band with a career milestone plaque commemorating more than TEN MILLION downloads and over TWO MILLON records sold in just four years. It was also noted that The Band Perry’s brand new single, “Don’t Let Me Be Lonely,” was the MOST ADDED at country radio this week, its first week. See a photo from the #1 celebration below!
- The Band Perry got by with a little help from their fans at their show last Thursday night at The Ohio State University. They were in the middle of singing “All Your Life,” when the generators powering their stage lights unexpectedly blew out and left them in total darkness. Not wanting the show to stop the crowd all pulled out their cell phones to help illuminate the stage and the band played on, singing a cover of “I Will Always Love You,” during which the lights came back on. "We already play a cover of Queen's 'Fat Bottom Girls' in our set,” said Reid Perry, “and after last night we may need to prepare a cover of Meat Loaf's 'Paradise by the Dashboard Light' except ours would be called 'Paradise by the Cell Phone Light.’” Read the full story here.
- The Eli Young Band will host their inaugural House Party at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Texas, on November 9th. They’ll be joined on the field by Thompson Square, Easton Corbin and Josh Abbott Band for what will be the first stand-alone country concert at Rangers Ballpark. Tickets are available starting at $25 here. Be sure to get your tickets soon, as prices will go up after September 23rd.
- Florida Georgia Line and Keith Urban have been added to the line-up for Today’s Toyota Summer Concert Series. Florida Georgia Line will appear on the show on Labor Day, which is this Monday, and Keith will perform on the show on September 10th. Fans are invited to watch the mini-concerts live at Rockefeller Plaza in New York!
- ALABAMA & Friends, the new album featuring two new songs from the legendary group and some of today’s hottest stars singing some of Alabama’s biggest hits just hit stores yesterday. Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Eli Young Band, Florida Georgia Line, Jamey Johnson, Toby Keith, Rascal Flatts and Trisha Yearwood are featured on the project singing their own version of ALABAMA classics including “Tennessee River,” “Love in the First Degree,” “Old Flame,” “Lady Down on Love” and “The Closer You Get.”
- Cassadee Pope performed on the Wednesday (8/28) episode of America's Got Talent! See her incredible performance here.