Big Machine Records
- In response to the District Court's dismissal of Case 3:13-cv-0399: Curb Records, Inc. v. Tim McGraw, McGraw Music, LLC and Big Machine Records, LLC: “We’re very pleased that the District Court has dismissed Curb Records’ lawsuit against Tim McGraw and Big Machine Records. Our number one goal and intention at the Big Machine Label Group is to sign great artists with great vision and do everything in our power to create an environment for them to do their best work. Since Tim McGraw has been a member of Big Machine Records, everyone has witnessed an incredible surge in popularity and demand for his musical releases and live performances.His sales and airplay results rival the best of his career. And we're just getting started…" - Scott Borchetta, President & CEO of the Big Machine Label Group
- Congratulations Big Machine Records sponsored Indy car driver Dario Franchitti, who finished in 3rd last weekend at The Honda Indy 200. Below, see a photo of Dario with friend Jasbir Dhillon and Big Machine's Seth Hellman and President/CEO Scott Borchetta.
- Taylor Swift has been selling out arenas and stadiums all year for her RED Tour. Rolling Stone recently caught up with Taylor and went backstage to get all of the details on the hottest tour of the year. Read the full article here and if you haven't had a chance to see the show yet, be sure to catch one of her final dates. See the full list of remaining stops here.
- In the wake of sold out shows and insatiable fan demand, superstar entertainers Tim McGraw and Faith Hill have announced an encore run of their limited engagement Soul2Soul at The Venetian Las Vegas in its intimate 1,815-seat Venetian Theatre. The run will open on Oct. 25- 26 and cover 10 select weekends through April 2014. Ticket pre-sales will begin Aug. 13 and tickets for the general public will go on sale Aug 17. For more information, visit venetian.com.
- Laura Bell Bundy has been cast in the new regular role on FX’s Charlie Sheen comedy Anger Management. She succeeds Selma Blair, who was let go a couple of months ago. Bundy, who starts this week, will play Charlie’s new sex-study research partner, Dr. Jordan Denby, a brilliant psychologist whose recent divorce, fondness for alcohol and wild mood swings turn Charlie’s life into an emotional roller coaster. Bundy originated the role of Elle Woods in Legally Blonde – The Musical on Broadway, earning a 2007 Tony Award nomination for her performance. Immediately following the announcement, Laura Bell Bundy became the #1 trend on Yahoo!
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ intro singer Carrie Underwood isn’t the only one who gets to be a part of America’s favorite pastime. Keith Urban and Danielle Bradbery will perform at the kickoff of NFL’s 94th season, making it a must-watch event for all country music fans … even if you aren’t into football. Sunday night (August 4), during NBC’s national broadcast of the annual NFL/Hall of Fame Game, it was announced that NFL’s cross-country celebration, ‘NFL Kickoff 2013 Presented by Pepsi’ on Sept. 5 will include Grammy-Award winning singer Urban, who will perform live from a stage floating in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor adjacent to the Maryland Science Center. In addition to Urban, Bradbery, Season 4 winner of ‘The Voice,’ will perform. She will sing the National Anthem live from Denver. There will be simulcast coverage of the 60-minute pregame show from Baltimore and Denver, airing from 7:30-8:30PM ET on NBC and NFL Network. Danielle also performed this weekend at the Indiana State Fair. See pictures of the performance here.
The Valory Music Co.
- Reba has a new exhibit opening at the Country Music Hall of Fame named Reba: All The Women I Am, which features a number of dresses the singer has worn through the years designed by BMLG's own Sandi Spika Borchetta. Sandi recently revealed some secrets from the upcoming exhibit, which you can read all about here. In other Reba news, she was featured in a Billboard article this week that spotlighted her ten biggest hits. Read the article here.
- Justin Moore stopped by the doctor to get a shot before his appearance on the Bobby Bones show this week. See the picture of the Justin being super brave here.
- Eli Young Band performed a free concert on Friday (8/9) live from New York City on the outdoor stage at FOX & Friends! They performed their back-to-back #1s – “Crazy Girl” and “Even If It Breaks Your Heart", among several of their other hits. Their hot new single "Drunk Last Night" was televised in its entirety as part of the morning show's All-American Summer Concert Series. Watch their performance of "Drunk Last Night" here and their performance of "When It Rains" from the After The Show Show here. The guys signed tons of fan autographs (a few fans had been eagerly waiting since as early as 3:00 AM), posed for pictures and met several NYPD cops that stopped by to see some of the show.
- During The Voice (season 3), Cassadee Pope won over the hearts – and iTunes playlists – of fans across the nation. Three of her performances on the NBC hit show catapulted to #1 on the iTunes All-Genre Chart while on Team Blake (Shelton). Now, the petite powerhouse is letting fans choose once again – her new album cover. The debut Country project, FRAME BY FRAME, is slated for release on October 8 on Republic Nashville. Cassadee utilized social video site Vine over the weekend to unveil the title of her forthcoming album. In a mere 72 hours, thousands of loyal fans took to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to select their favorite artwork, instantly becoming “the voice” in their own right. See the album cover fans chose below.
- Tuesday night (8/5), Florida Georgia Line performed their Top 10-and-climbing hit “Round Here” on TBS’ Conan. Watch their performance here. The sizzling duo – comprised of Tyler Hubbard (Monroe, Georgia) and Brian Kelley (Ormond Beach, Florida) – also taped a web exclusive of the emotional “Stay” for TeamCoco.com, which is featured on their PLATINUM-certified debut album HERE’S TO THE GOOD TIMES on Republic Nashville. The guys were also featured on tonight's Teen Choice Awards on FOX, where they performed their #1 single "Cruise" with Nelly! Just last week, their debut single “Cruise” broke the record for the longest #1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs Chart and was certified 5X Platinum for sales of over five million.