Big Machine Label Group
- Before the roar of the engines, Big Machine Label Group had crowds of NASCAR fans revved up for a weekend of music and racing with high-octane performances by Justin Moore, Cassadee Pope, Laura Bell Bundy, The Cadillac Three and Dustin Lynch. As a presenting sponsor for the third consecutive year, BMLG brought a music festival atmosphere to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Yesterday (7/28), Justin Moore wowed the massive crowd with a four song set on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track, just minutes before the race. Justin performed his current Top 15 single “Point At You,” previous #1 hits “Til My Last Day” and “Small Town USA,” as well as “Heroes” – a song he recorded as part of a special partnership with Crown Royal to honor a deserving hero, US Marine Samuel Deeds. Cassadee Pope, Laura Bell Bundy, The Cadillac Three and Dustin Lynch played pre-race sets at the Brick Fest Stage during the “Crown Royal Presents the Samuel Deed 400 at the Brickyard Powered by BigMachineRecords.com.” Moving the festivities over to the track, Laura Bell Bundy sang “America The Beautiful.” Cassadee Pope nailed the National Anthem and served as an Honorary Ganassi Team & Pit Crew Member with her logo featured on the #1 car (Jamie McMurray). The crowd headed over to Victory Lane following the race to celebrate #39 driver Ryan Newman’s win. Below, see a photo as all of the BMLG artists join Scott and Sandi Borchetta to #KissTheBricks.
Big Machine Records
- Taylor Swift had the opportunity to invite Carly Simon to join her on stage at her concert Saturday night at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, to sing “You’re So Vain,” which Taylor calls “the best song that has ever been written.” As someone who is known for writing songs about relationships and heartbreak, Taylor loves the song because she says, “That is the most direct way anyone has ever addressed a break-up. It’s amazing.” Whether it was the moms and dads who brought their kids to Taylor’s show, or her young fans who might have been hearing the song for the first time, Taylor predicted that every single one of the 55,000 audience members in the sold out crowd would be singing along and she said, “Every girl out there will be thinking of someone when we’re singing.” See a video of Taylor and Carly below.
- Danielle Bradbery stopped by the Seventeen Magazine offices this week to perform an acoustic rendition of her new single, "The Heart Of Dixie." Watch her amazing performance here.
The Valory Music Company
- Thomas Rhett visited Chicago recently to play a show at Wrigley Field, do some bartending downtown, and try his hand at being a chef during a visit to a local pizza restaurant. See a video recap of his journey below.
- The Valory Music Co. recording artist and Season 2 of “The Voice” alum RaeLynn briefly stepped away from the Locked & Reloaded Tour with Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley on Sunday to spend time at the USO Warrior and Family Center at Fort Belvoir. A 20,000-plus-square foot building is just steps away from the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital and the Fort Belvoir Warrior Transition Unit barracks, the center is home to the Fort Belvoir military community as well as our nation’s wounded, ill and injured troops, their families and caregivers. RaeLynn has been in the studio putting the final touches on her debut album, slated for release next year. The singer/songwriter from Baytown, Texas, will soon begin her coast to coast Country radio tour to promote her upcoming single release on The Valory Music Co. In addition to honing her craft in the studio, RaeLynn will continue her stint on the Locked & Reloaded Tour this weekend in Bangor, ME (August 2) and Hartford, CT (August 3). For more information, go here. See a photo of RaeLynn's USO performance below.
- The Band Perry performed live on the Today Show on Friday (8/2). They performed three songs and a short interview with the hosts of the show. See their performance of "Done." below.
- Florida Georgia Line's smash debut single “Cruise” has officially broken the record for the longest #1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs Chart in the 69-year history. Holding the summit for 22 weeks, "Cruise" shatters the four way tie for the 21-week record previously held by FGL; Webb Pierce’s "In the Jailhouse Now" (1955); Hank Snow’s "I'm Moving On" (1950-51) and Eddy Arnold’s "I'll Hold You in My Heart (Till I Can Hold You in My Arms)" (1947-48). FGL has skyrocketed since releasing back-to-back, multi-week #1 smashes in the US and Canada with the PLATINUM “Get Your Shine On” and 5X PLATINUM-certified “Cruise,” which combined with the remix, has sold over five million downloads and is the third-best-selling Country digital song ever, according to SoundScan. The breakout duo - comprised of Tyler Hubbard (Monroe, Georgia) and Brian Kelley (Ormond Beach, Florida) - will perform their Top 15-and-climbing follow-up, “Round Here,” on Conan next Monday (8/5), airing on TBS at 11:00P ET/ 10:00P CT. See the duo's latest VEVO LIFE video segment here.
- Florida Georgia Line has created a unique niche for themselves in country music and they say their sound and approach to music is all about being true to who they are. “We write what we want to write… We've been really blessed that what we love to write is attractive to people right now,” they recently told Billboard. “People are either gonna like it or not, and that's up to them,” Tyler Hubbard says matter-of-factly. “We decided that if we're real people and write from the heart, write from where we're at, that people are drawn to that. People can listen to this whole album and know who we are as people and where we are right now in our lives. We don't really worry about what people are gonna think. We just do what we love, and it seems to be working out.” Florida Georgia Line will be going into the studio in October to begin working on their sophomore album. Read the full cover story here and see their cover below.
- Cassadee Pope announced on Saturday that the title of her debut solo album, due this Fall, is "Frame By Frame." Fans are currently casting their votes to decide the album artwork. Go here to make your selection for your choice of album cover! Also, go here to see Cassadee named as one of CMT's Next Women of Country!
- Cassadee Pope has been busy on the road with Rascal Flatts and The Band Perry, performing during the opening slot on the Live and Loud Tour. She used a day off last Saturday to surprise the crowd at a Blake Shelton concert in Indiana (video here). Then, on Sunday, she sang the National Anthem at the Brickyard 400 last Sunday (video here). She also graces the cover of NASHVILLE LIFESTYLES for the August HOT LIST issue, which is on stands now! See the cover below.