Big Machine Records
- Congratulations to Taylor Swift, whose single "Red" was most-added at Country radio this week with 68 first week adds!
- Forbes has come out with their annual Celebrity 100 List and Taylor Swift is the highest ranking country artist on the list, landing at #6 In addition to earnings, the list takes into account “fame scores” based on things like press mentions and social networking power. Other country stars who made the Celebrity 100 List include Toby Keith at #43, Carrie Underwood at #46 and Kenny Chesney at #47. See the full Celebrity 100 List here.
- Tim McGraw's "Southern Girl" is being released to radio today as the fourth single from his Big Machine Records debut, TWO LANES OF FREEDOM. The "seductively melodic" (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) track has had an infectious reaction from fans on the TWO LANES OF FREEDOM 2013 Tour, which continues to sell out venues coast to coast. "At the beginning of the tour, we threw a lot of new songs into the set list, and that's always a risky thing when an album is so brand new," said McGraw. "It didn’t take a whole weekend out there before the girls were shouting at us to play 'Southern Girl.' The song has a really cool groove to it that just gets everyone moving and sets the right tone for a perfect summer night." McGraw has hit a new top speed on the TWO LANES OF FREEDOM 2013 Tour that has capacity crowds topping out at more 21,000 fans a night, while catching a renewed level of excitement from music critics.
- Big Machine Records just announced the signing of The Voice champion Danielle Bradbery. She was in the studio this week recording her debut single and filmed a special "thank you" message to send to her fans. Watch the video here and see a photo of Danielle in the studio below!
- It was announced last week that the ABC drama Nashville would continue to be filmed in the city of Nashville for its second season, which is good news for the city, but also a good opportunity for more country stars to make appearances on the show like Brad Paisley, Kip Moore, Brantley Gilbert, Chris Young and others have done in the past. In fact, Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts says he is in the process of trying to get a small part on the show. “I’ve gone out and met with the casting director a couple of times and have gotten some really good feedback. I think they’re just trying to find a part to plug me in.” Unlike artists in the past who have played themselves, Jay says, “What they’re gonna do with me is they’re trying to find a role for me so I’m not playing Jay from Rascal Flatts.” It could be a one-time thing but he says, “It’d be great to be recurring, but they’re just gonna find a role for me at some point.”
The Valory Music Co.
- Yesterday (6/29), The Mavericks made an appearance on CBS This Morning. They performed two songs and did a short interview with the hosts of the show. See the video here. Following their performance, their album sky-rocketed to #1 on the Amazon Country Albums chart, #5 on the Amazon All-Genres Albums chart, and #9 on the iTunes Country Albums chart!
- The Band Perry are planning to take their music global when they embark on the We Are Pioneers World Tour 2013 in November. The tour will kick off in Sweden and will take them to Norway, Denmark, France, the UK, Ireland and other European destinations for 20 shows from November 8th through December 5th. More shows could be added along the way, but you can click here for the itinerary so far.
- The Band Perry’s Kimberly Perry recently talked to Elle magazine about everything from music to fashion for their Culture blog. Kimberly says while country music is a story-telling genre, not every song has to tell a story, like their latest single, “DONE.” “It was written more about a circumstance and a particular relationship so I feel like we wrote the lyrics in a way that we didn’t give up the ghost of the story but we allowed it to be vague. We wanted to find the sentiment more than the story.” When it comes to style, Kimberly tells Elle she’s into a very simple, monochromatic color palette these days but she’s big into textures, like the suede and fringe dress she wore to the Billboard Music Awards. She says, “I feel like I’m simple in one aspect, but I love pops of drama. A bit of a contradiction.” She also believes her hair is her best style accessory. There are a lot of pretty blonde girls in country music so to set herself apart Kimberly says, “I just want to be the funky one. I wear that idea mostly in my hair.” You can read the full article here.
- Eli Young Band's new summer single "Drunk Last Night" is available for purchase now at iTunes! Go here to download!
- On Wednesday (6/26), Florida Georgia Line rocked a sold-out show at MacEwan Hall in Calgary. Before the show, the guys were presented with a Canadian GOLD album award for “Here’s To The Good Times”. See the photo below!