Big Machine Label Group President and CEO Scott Borchetta was named as one of the “10 People That Totally Changed the Industry in 2012” in a special report out today by Digital Music News.
Digital Music News said this of Borchetta: “Borchetta's had a deliciously disruptive 2012. Big Machine is now inking some groundbreaking, direct licensing deals with major radio conglomerates, and chipping away at a decades-old legacy of extreme radio royalty complication.”
Also joining Borchetta on the list are Daniel Ek, Psy, Jimmy Iovine and Daniel Glass.
The Big Machine Label Group had a record-breaking year. Some of the key highlights include:
• Big Machine Records had the biggest album debut in over a decade with Taylor Swift’s RED released on October 22, 2012. The album is already Certified 3X Platinum and has earned over 7 million individual track sales.
• Big Machine made history with “groundbreaking” performance royalty rights agreements with Clear Channel and Entercom.
• Billboard named Big Machine Label Group as the #1 Country label for 2012.
• Achieved #1 singles across multiple radio formats with hits from Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Eli Young Band, Brantley Gilbert, The Band Perry and Florida Georgia Line.
• Big Machine Records signed county music superstar Tim McGraw.
• Earned multiple GRAMMY, ACM, CMA, and VMA awards and nominations.
• Marketed and distributed music for ABC’s "Nashville,” which debuted as the #1 soundtrack on SoundScan.
• The label group helped secure millions of meals for hungry Americans through a unique partnership with General Mills and Feeding America called “Outnumber Hunger.”
• Produced and marketed the 25th anniversary edition of A VERY SPECIAL CHRISTMAS in association with the Special Olympics
The Big Machine Label Group is looking forward to a successful 2013 with launches from Tim McGraw (2/5), The Mavericks (2/26), The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts, Justin Moore, Brantley Gilbert, and many more!