Big Machine Records
- Could Taylor Swift be helping thousands ring in the New Year in Times Square? Well, it’s a very distinct possibility. In fact, during a recent visit to “Jimmy Fallon,” Ryan Seacrest all but confirmed it. “We haven’t announced it yet, but wouldn’t it be great if we could get, there’s a female artist out there that’s setting records in terms of what she’s selling, recently. She loves the color red. And if you’re with her, you may never, ever, ever, be back together with her. And she loves a good break-up anthem.”
- Rascal Flatts will host their annual Behind the Music event in Franklin, TN on November 15th. The special event includes performances and a live auction, plus Rascal Flatts will welcome some surprise guests. Tickets are $500 each and all proceeds will benefit Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. To sign up for the event, go here.
- Taylor Swift has crossed yet another major milestone in her career. She has officially surpassed 1 BILLION video views on VEVO!
- Country superstar Tim McGraw hosted an exclusive party in downtown Nashville on the eve of the CMA Awards where he treated a few hundred lucky guests to a performance featuring songs from his upcoming album, TWO LANES OF FREEDOM, out on Feb. 5, 2013. During the party, Nielsen-BDS certified McGraw as the most-played Country artist of the past 20 years (1992-2012) with more than 10 million spins detected and Mediabase recognized him as the most-played Country artist in the history of their tracking service. The night included a performance by the Mavericks and a surprise appearance by R&B star Ne-Yo. A lyric video for his newly released single "One Of Those Nights" shows highlights and a behind-the-scenes look at the special event with some of McGraw's industry friends.
- Taylor Swift opened up in a recent interview with NPR about her insecurities, her flaws and her concerns about the impact of her present actions on her future. "My confidence is easy to shake," she confesses. "I am very well aware of all of my flaws. I am aware of all the insecurities that I have. I have a lot of voices in my head constantly telling me I can't do it. I've dealt with that my whole life. And getting up there on stage thousands of times, you're going to have off nights. And when you have an off night in front of that many people, and it's pointed out in such a public way, yeah, that gets to you. I feel like, as a songwriter, I can't develop thick skin. I cannot put up protective walls, because it's my job to feel things." You can listen to and read excerpts from the interview here.
- Rascal Flatts and “Nashville” actress Hayden Panettiere will honor the top country acts of 2012 as hosts of the third annual 2012 CMT ARTISTS OF THE YEAR premiering Saturday, December 8 at 11:00 p.m., ET/PT. The 90-minute special is the most exclusive gathering of country music superstars of the year and celebrates the class of 2012 with an incredible evening of wall-to-wall performances and special appearances from others in entertainment.
The Valory Music Company
- This week, Jason Aldean announced his 2013 Night Train Tour, with special guests Jake Owen and Thomas Rhett. On his opening acts, Jason said, “I'm a big fan of both Jake and Thomas Rhett, so it'll be awesome to have those guys out with us." Thomas will be opening for some big crowds, including sold-out arena shows at University of Georgia’s Sanford Stadium in Athens, GA (4/13), a two-night stand at Boston’s Fenway Park (7/12 and 7/13), and Wrigley Field in Chicago (7/20). For a full list of tour dates, click here.
- Multimedia Superstar Reba celebrated the premiere of “Malibu Country” on Friday night (11/2) with her dedicated staff in Nashville. The new comedy series ranked in the top slot, with 8.9 million viewers tuning into the ABC Television Network at 8:30P ET/7:30P CT. The debut also helped garner ABC as the number one network for the night in adults 18-49 and “Malibu Country” scored ABC’s highest numbers in the half hour in almost five years – since 11/30/07, according to TV By the Numbers. Watch full episodes here.
- Martina McBride and The Band Perry helped to kick off the Christmas season early in Nashville last week. The songstress and group both performed at Bridgestone Arena during the taping of CMA Country Christmas. The holiday special will premiere on ABC on Thursday, December 20th.
- Immediately following their knockout performance at last Thursday's (11/1) CMA Awards, The Band Perry’s edgy new tune began trending nationwide on Twitter's Top 10. "Better Dig Two" quickly catapulted into the iTunes Country Singles Chart Top 10 before nailing the #1 spot and locking in the #3 position on the Overall Top Singles Chart with sales soaring to over 82,000 copies sold in the first week. "Better Dig Two" was the most added at Country radio according to both Country Aircheck/Mediabase and Billboard with a total of 93 monitored stations on by add date. The sibling trio's latest offering will be featured on their forthcoming sophomore album on Republic Nashville, slated for release in April 2013.
- Brad Paisley will kicked off his four-night Scandinavian tour this week in Stockholm, Sweden with The Band Perry as his opening act. They played four sold out shows in arenas: Stockholm, Sweden (11/8), Goteborg, Sweden (11/9), Oslo, Norway (11/10), and Stavanger, Norway (11/11). Committed to building their fan base overseas, The Band Perry will also be playing four of their own headlining shows in the UK: Northern Ireland (11/14), Glasgow (11/17), Manchester (11/18), and London (11/19).