NASHVILLE, TN (November 10, 2023) – Nashville-based Big Machine Label Group and CreatiVets proudly continue their impactful partnership today with a new Veteran-penned VETERAN’S DAY SPECIAL, VOL. IV collection, in honor of Veteran’s Day and in celebration of the nonprofit’s 10-year anniversary. After a decade of championing veterans through the power of art, music and creativity, the album includes 10 new tracks, all veteran-written through the CreatiVets organization. Aiming to continue the mission of support and community, the 10 featured artists on the album also lent a hand in penning lyrics for the project.
LISTEN TO VETERAN’S DAY SPECIAL, VOL. IV HERE
“I am immensely proud of the journey we’ve embarked on over the past decade,” shares CreatiVets Co-Founder & Executive Director, Richard Casper. “Our mission has always been to amplify the voices of our brave veterans, and this year, on November 10th, we are celebrating our 10-year milestone by releasing 10 poignant songs. Each track is a testament to the resilience, experiences, and stories of our veterans. We believe that through music, we can foster understanding and healing, and we invite everyone to join us in this celebration of a decade of dedication, artistry, and unity.”
CreatiVets has helped more than 1,000 combat Veterans since its founding in 2013 — with more than 400 Veterans participating in its songwriting programs to date. The organization’s utmost goal is to end Veteran suicide by offering alternative ways to cope with trauma, using the arts as a therapeutic cornerstone in the road to recovery. Serving as a connector for opportunities that magnify CreatiVets within the entertainment space since 2020, Big Machine Label Group continues to contribute to CreatiVets’ operational initiatives through Scott and Sandi Borchetta‘s Music Has Value Fund and Big Machine Music, which serves as the co-publisher for CreatiVets.
VETERAN’S DAY SPECIAL, VOL. IV Track List:
1. “Back To Me (featuring Kenny Foster)” – (Kenny Foster, Tremain Davidson, Dustin Jones, Chris Rafetto)
2. “Live With It (featuring Johnny and Heidi)– (Johnny Bulford, Heidi Raye, Richard Casper, Brett Gillan, Meghan Patrick, Marc Silvestri, Jody Thompson)
3. “Just Keep Breathing (featuring Dillon Carmichael)” – (Dillon Carmichael, Richard Casper, Denis Oliverio, Dave Pittenger)
4. “Boots On The Ground (featuring Garrett Jacobs)”– (Garrett Jacobs, Chris Ferrara, Jerry Majetich, Josh Roberts)
5. “Nasariyah (featuring David Borne and Chris Ferrera” – (David Borne, Richard Casper, Chris Ferrara, Eric Killeen)
6. “Good Morning, Vietnam (featuring Jordan Fletcher) – (Jordan Fletcher, Robert Arthur, Jim Van Den Heuvel, Len Erickson)
7. “I’d Change Everything (featuring Love and Theft)” – (Eric Gunderson, Stephen Liles, Richard Casper, Brett Gillan, Rich Stinson)
8. “The Man I Love To Hate (featuring Eric Burgett)” – (Eric Burgett, Charlie Merritt, Bryan Pitman, David Quinones)
9. “Don’t Come Home (featuring Lance Carpenter)” – (Lance Carpenter, Chris Bickel, Nate Kenyon, Drew Swedenborg)
10. “What Keeps Me Around (featuring Dylan Brady)” – (Dylan Brady, Seth Cole, Lonnie Lee Fowler, Miguel Vasquez)
ABOUT CREATIVETS: CreatiVets’ is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to provide wounded veterans struggling with post-traumatic stress and traumatic brain injury with opportunities to use art, music, and creative writing to heal their unseen wounds of war. Their goal is to empower veterans with tools they can use for the rest of their lives and enable them to see their own capacity for success in an arena outside the battlefield. Learn more at www.creativets.org
ABOUT BIG MACHINE LABEL GROUP: Led by CEO and Chairman Scott Borchetta, HYBE America’s Big Machine Label Group encompasses Big Machine Records, The Valory Music Co., BMLG Records, Big Machine/John Varvatos Records and publishing company Big Machine Music as well as its own digital radio station, Big Machine Radio. BMLG artists include superstars Tim McGraw, Sheryl Crow, Thomas Rhett, Brantley Gilbert and Lady A; chart-topping acts Justin Moore, Chris Janson, Brian Kelley, Eli Young Band, Brett Young, Midland, Carly Pearce, Riley Green, Jackson Dean, Aaron Lewis, Badflower and Ayron Jones; renowned industry icon Ray Wylie Hubbard, plus rising artists Danielle Bradbery, Conner Smith, Tiera Kennedy, Mackenzie Carpenter, Starcrawler, The Struts, Violet Saturn and Kidd G in partnership with Rebel Music / Geffen Records. Big Machine Records recently released the multi-genre film soundtrack for Netflix’s The Ice Road, featuring songs from Jason Isbell, Miranda Lambert, The Cadillac Three, L.A. Rats, John Carter Cash, Gary LeVox and more. BMLG artists have received multiple GRAMMY, CMA, ACM, AMA, CMT, Teen Choice, MTV, Billboard, People’s Choice and Brit Awards. Big Machine is the first-ever American label to align with terrestrial radio for performance royalty rights for its artists and is an industry leader in fighting for artist, songwriter, publisher and record company rights. Big Machine Label Group created the Music Has Value Fund to provide assistance to nonprofit organizations that make music, aspire to make music, and access and appreciate music. Visit BigMachineLabelGroup.com for more information.