Debuts Collaboration with Jimmie Allen on “Wish You Wouldn’t”
NASHVILLE, TN (January 13, 2023) – At just 19 years old CALLISTA CLARK has a lot to say, wielding her creative gifts as both a defense and an instrument of peace throughout her debut album REAL TO ME: THE WAY I FEEL (via Big Machine Records). Today the “name you should get used to hearing” (Hollywood Life) releases a deluxe edition of her debut which Wonderland Magazine said it “signals a decisive new star-making epoch for the irrepressible talent.” The expanded set features four new versions of previously released songs including a duet featuring GRAMMY Award-nominated, CMA & ACM winning Country music star JIMMIE ALLEN.
With “Wish You Wouldn’t (featuring Jimmie Allen)” the pair offer a fresh take on the alluring standout track. The two teamed up to create a video for the post-breakup track that is somehow equal parts anguish, and allure. Watch the video here and listen to REAL TO ME: THE WAY I FEEL (DELUXE EDITION) here.
“Having Jimmie Allen on ‘Wish You Wouldn’t’ is a literal dream come true,” shares Callista. “He was the only person I wanted for that song—he brings such an effortlessly smooth charm to the song. I’m still ecstatic he said ‘yes’!”
“I love diving into all types of projects and experimenting with different artists so I was honored Callista asked me to jump on this song—I’m grateful to be a part of her journey,” added Jimmie. “We met out on the road years ago and she has become like a little sister to me. She is an incredible talent and I loved getting to play with the variation between the fast and slow vocals—it’s a fun song to sing.”
Produced by Nathan Chapman (Taylor Swift, Lionel Richie, Keith Urban, Mickey Guyton), Callista’s debut album reveals a songwriter of considerable depth and wit and a gifted singer with confidence and an impressive presence unique to someone her age. Co-writing every track, the Zebulon, GA native collaborated with a notable caliber of songwriters including Laura Veltz, Emily Shackleton, Liz Rose, Chris DeStefano and Jimmy Robbins. It all adds up to a powerful launch for an artist whose music is poised to become the soundtrack for the heartbreaks and triumphs of her generation.
REAL TO ME: THE WAY I FEEL (DELUXE EDITION) TRACK LIST
1. “It’s ‘Cause I Am” | Callista Clark, Cameron Jaymes, Laura Veltz
2. “Gave It Back Broken” | Callista Clark, Emily Shackelton
3. “Change My Mind” | Callista Clark, Dan Isbell, Jonathan Singleton
4. “Worst Guy Ever” | Callista Clark, Jordan Reynolds, Emily Weisband
5. “Brave Girl” | Callista Clark, Ben Johnson, Emily Landis
6. “Wish You Wouldn’t” | Callista Clark, Emily Falvey, Lalo Guzman
7. “Heartbreak Song” | Callista Clark, Chris DeStefano, Liz Rose, Emily Shackelton
8. “Don’t Need It Anymore” | Callista Clark, Cameron Jaymes, Melissa Peirce
9. “Sad” | Callista Clark, Sarah Buxton, Jimmy Robbins
10. “Real To Me” | Callista Clark, Casey Robert Brown, Laura Veltz
11. “Wish You Wouldn’t (featuring Jimmie Allen)”
12. “Gave It Back Broken (Piano Version)”
13. “It’s ‘Cause I Am (Live At Vevo)”
14. “Real To Me (The Vocals)”
Joining Opry NextStage’s class of 2022, the 2021 iHeartCountry On The Verge Artist has been featured two years in a row on Billboard’s annual “21 Under 21” list and was the youngest member ever named to CMT’s Next Women of Country in the 2022 class. With TV appearances on TODAY show, Live with Kelly & Ryan and KTLA, Callista has garnered acclaim from Forbes, PEOPLE, American Songwriter, Sweety High, Holler, Nashville Lifestyles, and more. For the latest information, visit CallistaClark.com and follow along with Callista’s journey on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter.