Photo Credit: Rachel Deeb
NASHVILLE, TN (October 12, 2022) – Callista Clark kicked off celebrations for her full-length debut in Music City last night (10/11) with a sold-out album release show at The Listening Room. SiriusXM’s Macie Banks introduced Callista before launching into a discussion about the making of the record. Songwriters Liz Rose (“Heartbreak Song”) and Emily Landis (“Brave Girl”) were then invited up on stage to share the story behind the songs they co-wrote alongside Callista. The rising singer/songwriter then launched into a performance of album tracks “Real To Me,” “Gave It Back Broken,” “Sad,” “Wish You Wouldn’t,” “Heartbreak Song” with songwriter Chris DeStefano, “Brave Girl” and Top 20 debut “It’s ‘Cause I Am” as well as a cover of Hall & Oates’ “You Make My Dreams Come True.” Joined by friends, family, industry members and fans, Callista earned a standing ovation from the packed crowd. REAL TO ME: THE WAY I FEEL arrives on Friday (10/14) via Big Machine Records, pre-order here.
“When I began writing this album and sharing what felt ‘real to me,’ I couldn’t do that without thinking about my younger self and how shy I was,” shared Callista. “It’s ironic to think that that version of myself would grow up to share her personal diary in song and perform them in front of thousands of people. This record will always hold a special place in my heart.”
A busy week for the teenage talent as Callista is set to perform her recently-released “Brave Girl,” on NBC’s TODAY with Hoda & Jenna tomorrow (10/13). The “playlist essential for anyone needing an extra shot of encouragement” (Billboard) sets the tone for the full album with its inspiring messages and empowering lyrics. Produced by Nathan Chapman (Taylor Swift, Lionel Richie, Keith Urban, Mickey Guyton), Callista’s debut album reveals the 19-year-old as a songwriter of considerable depth and wit and a gifted singer with confidence and an impressive presence unique to someone her age. The powerful launch is poised to become the soundtrack for the heartbreaks and triumphs of her generation.
REAL TO ME: THE WAY I FEEL TRACK LIST
1. “It’s ‘Cause I Am” | Callista Clark, Cameron Jaymes, Laura Veltz
2. “Gave It Back Broken” | Callista Clark, Emily Shackelton
3. “Change My Mind” | Callista Clark, Dan Isbell, Jonathan Singleton
4. “Worst Guy Ever” | Callista Clark, Jordan Reynolds, Emily Weisband
5. “Brave Girl” | Callista Clark, Ben Johnson, Emily Landis
6. “Wish You Wouldn’t” | Callista Clark, Emily Falvey, Lalo Guzman
7. “Heartbreak Song” | Callista Clark, Chris DeStefano, Liz Rose, Emily Shackelton
8. “Don’t Need It Anymore” | Callista Clark, Cameron Jaymes, Melissa Peirce
9. “Sad” | Callista Clark, Sarah Buxton, Jimmy Robbins
10. “Real To Me” | Callista Clark, Casey Robert Brown, Laura Veltz