BRETT YOUNG SCORES FIRST NO. 1 AT COUNTRY RADIO & ANNOUNCES SELF-TITLED LP
NASHVILLE, TN (November 28, 2016) – Brett Young & BMLG Records are celebrating a rare feat with Brett's debut single, “Sleep Without You,” claiming the top spot on the Country Aircheck/Mediabase/USA Today chart. During a Facebook Live chat with loyal fans today, Brett celebrated the milestone moment and announced the release of his self-titled debut album, available on BMLG Records, February 10, 2017. Watch the exciting news here – https://www.facebook.com/brettyoungmusicpage.
“It is such a surreal feeling to have my first single go No. 1!” exclaimed Brett. “I moved to Nashville three years ago and have been so lucky to work the best writers in town and am so excited to finally announce that my debut album will be coming out on February 10.”
Scott Borchetta, President/CEO BMLG Label Group comments, “I couldn’t be more proud of Brett and our great BMLG Records & Big Machine Music teams. A perfect example of artist, label and publishing working together and delivering a masterful record by a very promising new artist.”
“The first time I heard Brett's voice it just stopped me in my tracks. It was so musical and unique. And a really great guy to boot! He just has it all,” said BMLG Records President Jimmy Harnen.
“Brett is a true triple threat and to have his debut single go all the way is a very, very special achievement," noted Matthew Hargis, VP/Promotion BMLG Records. "Thanks to my great promotion staff, Country Radio, SXM/The Highway and all our broadcasting believers and Country fans for this awesome accomplishment.”
Added Jeff Kapugi, Program Director WUSN-FM Chicago VP/Programming - Country CBS Radio, "CBS Radio was excited to support 'Sleep Without You' in our Country LAUNCH program knowing that it would quickly connect with our audiences and do extremely well. Congratulations to Brett on his first of many No. 1’s!"
"Brett's success is an amazing story as he breaks through in a year full of great music for our format!" said Rod Phillips, SVPP iHeartMedia – iHeartCountry.
Brett surprised fans today with the opportunity to win the very first autographed copy of his new album by “sharing” and “liking” his live announcement post on Facebook. He then did a lunchtime Q&A – noshing on his favorite, chicken tenders and fries - before also announcing his new single. “In Case You Didn’t Know” impacts Country radio January 9, 2017.
“Destined for mass appeal” (Rolling Stone Country), Brett co-wrote 11 of the 12 tracks, including “Sleep Without You,” for the album recorded in Nashville with producer Dann Huff. BRETT YOUNG will be available for pre-order on January 13, 2017.
*This is not the final track list order
- “Sleep Without You” | Brett Young, Kelly Archer, Justin Ebach
- “You Ain’t Here to Kiss Me” | Brett Young, Matt Alderman, Tiffany Goss
- “Left Side of Leavin’” | Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
- “In Case You Didn’t Know” | Brett Young, Tyler Reeve, Kyle Schlienger, Trent Tomlinson
- “Like I Loved You” | Brett Young, Jesse Lee
- “Beautiful Believer” | Brett Young, Jason Adamo, Annie Wildgen
- “Back on the Wagon” | Brett Young, Jessi Alexander, Josh Thompson
- “Memory Won’t Let Me” | Brett Young, Justin Ebach, Steven Dale Jones
- “Olivia Mae” | Brett Young, Ben Caver
- “Makin’ Me Say” | Cary Barlowe, Zach Crowell, Jon Nite
- “Close Enough” | Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
- “Mercy” | Brett Young, Sean McConnell