BRETT YOUNG UNPACKS “TICKET TO L.A.” TODAY
Cover Art Courtesy of BMLG Records
Billboard Raves of the “Sweet, Upbeat” Title Track from Forthcoming Sophomore Album – Out December 7
NASHVILLE, TN (October 26, 2018) - CMA Awards nominee Brett Young today released “Ticket To L.A.,” available everywhere digitally: https://BrettYoung.lnk.to/TTLALyric. The title track for his upcoming sophomore album, due December 7 on BMLG Records, expands on a personal connection to the city as his Southern California roots have had a major influence on his music. Painting the story of strangers sparking up a conversation and falling for each other while waiting to catch a flight at the airport, Young co-wrote “Ticket To L.A.” alongside Zach Crowell and Jon Nite.
“I knew we had to name the album after 'Ticket To L.A.’ because that title sums up such a big part of my life,” Young told Billboard, which exclusively premiered the track. "I’ve spent a lot of hours flying back home to Los Angeles from Nashville. It was a tough season when I first made the move, but so much has changed in my life since then, and I’m in such a happy place. I think you can feel that shift in the new music too, so I can’t wait for people to hear to the album.”
“Ticket To L.A.” is Young’s second offering from his forthcoming album of the same name, which features his current single “Here Tonight.” Fans can pre-order the 13-track project now on BrettYoungMusic.com, where a limited number of destination bundles are available.
TICKET TO L.A. follows Young’s self-titled RIAA PLATINUM-certified debut released last year. Delivering four consecutive No. 1 PLATINUM-selling hits, Young is leading the charge as one of Country music’s new class of hitmakers. With his second single “In Case You Didn’t Know,” Young broke a three year streak becoming the latest debut Country artist to reach 3X PLATINUM sales. The accompanying video has also surpassed 200 million views marking him as the only artist of the year with two efforts listed on VEVO’s Top Country Videos Chart. With his music being streamed more than one billion times in the US (Nielsen Music Connect), the ACM New Male Vocalist of the Year continues to impress the genre and beyond with nominations from Billboard, Teen Choice, CMT and is currently nominated for CMA's New Artist of the Year. Above the industry successes, his relationship with fans found Young selling out every single stop on his debut headlining CALIVILLE TOUR and earning new followers on the road with Thomas Rhett’s LIFE CHANGES TOUR 2018. His headlining CMT ON TOUR: HERE TONIGHT is set to kick off November 16 in Royal Oak, MI. For additional information, visit brettyoungmusic.com.
TICKET TO L.A. Track Listing
1. "Ticket To L.A." | Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Jon Nite
2. "Here Tonight" | Written by Brett Young, Ben Caver, Justin Ebach, Charles Kelley
3. “Catch” | Written by Brett Young, Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley
4. "1, 2, 3 – Mississippi” | Written by Brett Young, Justin Ebach, Jon Nite
5. "Let It Be Mine” | Written by Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally, Jon Nite
6. "Where You Want Me” | Written by Brett Young, Jessie Jo Dillon, Shane McAnally
7. "Used To Missin’ You” | Written by Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
8. "Change Your Name” | Written by Ross Copperman, Matt Jenkins, Jon Nite
9. “Chapters" (Feat. Gavin DeGraw) | Written by Brett Young, Ross Copperman, Gavin DeGraw
10. "The Ship And The Bottle” | Written by Nicolle Galyon, Chase McGill, Jon Nite
11. "Reason To Stay” | Written by Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins, Emily Warren
12. "Runnin’ Away From Home” | Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Hillary Lindsey
13. "Don’t Wanna Write This Song” | Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Sean McConnell