RAY WYLIE HUBBARD SHOWS “FAST LEFT HAND” WITH THE CADILLAC THREE
Courtesy of Big Machine Records
NASHVILLE, TN (MAY 29, 2020) – Multi-faceted underground icon Ray Wylie Hubbard today releases an electric collaboration with “Fast Left Hand” featuring The Cadillac Three. Illuminating the burning fire an artist holds inside, the rockers squeal on the latest glimpse into Hubbard’s star-studded forthcoming album. Hear how the song came about here then stream/purchase – https://raywyliehubbard.lnk.to/FLHPR.
CO-STARRING is available for pre-order now ahead of the July 10 release via Big Machine Records and features 10 diverse collaborations. Other advance tracks are already amplifying the project, including "Bad Trick” featuring Ringo Starr, Don Was, Joe Walsh and Chris Robinson and “Outlaw Blood” with Ashley McBryde. Watch Hubbard share details on making the album now.
“Each record is built on the steps of the last one, and I’m just trying to get better,” Hubbard says. “To have all these cats we’ve toured with and played with, I’m very, very proud of it. Young and old, established, new, Rock & Roll, Folk, Country, to even know these people is awesome, but to make music like this with them? Well, it really impresses me.”
Joining Paste Magazine for their “Happiest Hour” YouTube series on June 11 at 5:25PM ET, Hubbard will offer more insights on his career and perform a few of the fresh tracks. Tune in here.
1. “Bad Trick” ft. Ringo Starr, Don Was, Joe Walsh, Chris Robinson | Ray Wylie Hubbard, Judy Hubbard
2. “Rock Gods” ft. Aaron Lee Tasjan | Ray Wylie Hubbard
3. “Fast Left Hand “ft. The Cadillac Three | Ray Wylie Hubbard
4. “Mississippi John Hurt” ft. Pam Tillis| Ray Wylie Hubbard
5. “Drink Till I See Double” ft. Paula Nelson and Elizabeth Cook | Ray Wylie Hubbard, Ronnie Dunn
6. “R.O.C.K.” ft. Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown | Ray Wylie Hubbard, Tyler Bryant, Caleb Crosby
7. “Outlaw Blood” ft. Ashley McBryde | Ray Wylie Hubbard
8. “Rattlesnake Shakin’ Woman” ft. Larkin Poe | Ray Wylie Hubbard
9. “Hummingbird” ft. Peter Rowan | Ray Wylie Hubbard
10. “The Messenger“ ft. Ronnie Dunn and Pam Tillis | Ray Wylie Hubbard
As much a renegade poet as a roadhouse saint, Hubbard wrote and produced each song. Earthy, real, funky, unabashed, Ray Wylie Hubbard’s records have been swapped and played on the road by everyone from Blackberry Smoke and Georgia Satellites to Black Stone Cherry. “Snake Farm” alone could be the red-blooded touring male’s reality-based point of connection. The Austin Music and Eric Church-inducted Texas Heritage Songwriters Hall of Famer was born in Soper, Oklahoma, went to high school with cosmic cowboy Michael Martin Murphey and spent his summers playing folk music in Red River, New Mexico. It all added to an iconoclastic, hell-bent for truths and textures in writing about the way outlaws live. For the latest information, visit raywylie.com and follow Ray Wylie on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.