SHERYL CROW RELEASES HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED FINAL ALBUM
Courtesy of The Valory Music Co.
NASHVILLE, TN (August 30, 2019) – Following a whirlwind of star-studded collaborations, the wait forSheryl Crow’s highly-anticipated final album is over. The nine-time GRAMMY Award-winner unveils timeless anthems with prolific artists and new generations of storytellers throughout THREADS, available everywhere NOW on The Valory Music Co.
On the creation of the album, Crow explains, “It’s the most important people who I have worked with throughout my life, my career or the people who I wanted to emulate when I was a kid, and whom I’ve gotten to know. Stevie Nicks, whom I adore, Keith Richards and Willie Nelson, people who embraced me and welcomed me to the party.”
Setting the pace for the album, Sheryl released several impeccable tracks such as “Tell Me When It’s Over” featuring Chris Stapleton, “Redemption Day” featuring Johnny Cash, “Live Wire” featuring Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples, “Still The Good Old Days” featuring Joe Walsh and “Prove You Wrong” featuring Stevie Nicks & Maren Morris.
THREADS has already been met by critical and mainstream praise alike:
"...a musical memoir tracing her most fantastical rock ‘n’ roll encounters…"
Los Angeles Times
“It has been well worth the wait.”
“And in the process of teaming up with all of these music greats, Crow unwittingly wakes us all up to something, in case we didn't know — she's one of them.”
"Her poppy alt-country takes in the slick swagger of Jagger/Richards in the same breath as the gleaming emotional chaos of Buckingham/Nicks, all to narrate the defiant perspective of a woman adventurer, in pursuit of herself."
Los Angeles Times
"Her clear, bright voice sounds as good, maybe even better, than it ever has."
“[‘Prove You Wrong’] is a testament to Crow’s ability to continue churning out powerhouse rock hits as it is to her curatorial prowess when it comes to assembling the ultimate supergroup”
“[‘Redemption Day’] gets new life as a powerful, poignant duet between the pair."
“[‘Prove You Wrong’s’] a big, gleaming bulldozer of a song, built for loudness-wars radio and women’s self-sufficiency… it’s a rolling stones-y stomper from Sheryl Crow’s coming album of collaborations… it sounds huge and happy.”
The New York Times
“[‘Live Wire’] is a swampy, down and dirty, blues-tinged rocker with an infectious pop melody”
THREADS TRACK LIST:
1. Prove You Wrong ft. Stevie Nicks & Maren Morris | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Al Anderson, Leslie Satcher
2. Live Wire ft. Bonnie Raitt & Mavis Staples | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
3. Tell Me When It’s Over ft. Chris Stapleton | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Chris Stapleton
4. Story Of Everything ft. Chuck D, Andra Day & Gary Clark Jr. | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Steve Jordan, Carlton Ridenhour
5. Beware Of Darkness ft. Eric Clapton, Sting & Brandi Carlile | Writer: George Harrison
6. Redemption Day ft. Johnny Cash | Writer: Sheryl Crow
7. Cross Creek Road ft. Lukas Nelson & Neil Young (digital/physical) / ft. Margo Price & Neil Young (vinyl) | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
8. Everything Is Broken ft. Jason Isbell | Writer: Bob Dylan
9. The Worst ft. Keith Richards | Writers: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards
10. Lonely Alone ft. Willie Nelson | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Shane McAnally
11. Border Lord ft. Kris Kristofferson | Writers: Kris Kristofferson, Donnie Fritts, Stephen Bruton, Terry Paul
12. Still The Good Old Days ft. Joe Walsh | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Joe Walsh
13. Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You ft. St. Vincent* | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
14. Don’t ft. Lucius | Writer: Sheryl Crow
15. Nobody’s Perfect ft. Emmylou Harris** | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
16. Flying Blind ft. James Taylor | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Chris Stapleton
17. For The Sake Of Love ft. Vince Gill | Writer: Sheryl Crow
Produced by Steve Jordan
*Produced by Jeff Trott
**Produced by Sheryl Crow and Jeff Trott
Crow is currently gearing up for a slew of headlining shows including two nights at The Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, CA on September 11 and 12 as well as at the legendary Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN on September 23 and 24.