THOMAS RHETT INTRODUCES BOLDEST ALBUM YET – LIFE CHANGES – OUT SEPTEMBER 8
Album Cover Art Courtesy of The Valory Music Co.
ACM Awards Male Vocalist of the Year Sets Up “Unforgettable” as the Upcoming 14-Song Collection’s Next Single Available Tomorrow (7/28)
NASHVILLE, TN (July 27, 2017) – THOMAS RHETT scored his first hit in 2012, introducing a sound that mixed the southern swagger of Country music with Pop hooks, R&B grooves, soulful strut and the anything-goes attitude of Rock. During the years since, thanks to eight chart-topping singles, he is now a headliner of massive arenas. And, he’s become a husband. A father, too. Today, he announces LIFE CHANGES as his third release with The Valory Music Co., available everywhere September 8 and fans can pre-order exclusive autographed bundles now at ThomasRhett.com.
It’s the biggest, boldest-sounding record of his career, filled with songs that stretch his sound to new limits. Kicking off the album is the already chart-topping “Craving You,” and from there it carves a path as wild and wide as Thomas Rhett’s own career. There are coming-of-age Country ballads, heartland Rock & Roll anthems, EDM-influenced Pop tracks and R&B slow jams all wrapped together by the songwriting skills and elastic vocals of a frontman who’s willing to shine a light on his own milestones and mistakes.
“I am and will always be a country artist,” Thomas Rhett said. “It’s who I am, it’s in my blood. I will always try to push boundaries because that rebellious side has been in me since I was a kid. My voice and my journey that inspired these songs is the glue that makes this album cohesive. This is where I’m at musically and these are my stories.”
Thomas Rhett found himself in the producer’s chair for the new album alongside Dann Huff and Jesse Frasure, as well as new collaborators Julian Bunetta and Joe London. Having a hand in writing 10 of the album’s 14 tracks, there’s plenty of autobiography, but Thomas Rhett’s stories are so compelling because they are our stories, too. And like any great storyteller, he weaves a wide narrative with the new collection, delivering the album from several different perspectives.
Fans will next get a taste of new music tomorrow, Friday (7/28) when the ACM Awards Male Vocalist of the Year shares the highly-anticipated album’s next single “Unforgettable.” For a sneak peek of the new track before its official release, listen here.
LIFE CHANGES Track List:
1. “Craving You” (featuring Maren Morris) | Dave Barnes, Julian Bunetta
2. “Unforgettable” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
3. “Sixteen” | Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur
4. “Drink A Little Beer” (featuring Rhett Akins) | Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ben Hayslip
5. “Marry Me” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
6. “Leave Right Now” | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Edward Drewett, John Henry Ryan
7. “Smooth Like The Summer” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne
8. “Life Changes” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
9. “When You Look Like That” | Jessi Alexander, Matt Dragstrem, David Lee Murphy
10. “Sweetheart” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur
11. “Kiss Me Like A Stranger” | Thomas Rhett, Dave Barnes, Jordan Reynolds
12. “Renegades” | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, John Henry Ryan
13. “Gateway Love” | Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Sam Ellis, Emily Weisband
14. “Grave” | Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller
LIFE CHANGES owes much of that variety of Thomas Rhett’s stage show, which has evolved and diversified as he’s effortlessly grown into headlining status. Following the release of his sophomore effort, which tapped into something widespread and universal earning major trophies from the Country Music Association, Academy of Country Music, Billboard Music Awards, CMT Music Awards and more, Thomas Rhett’s first headlining 2017 HOME TEAM TOUR was quickly named one of Rolling Stone’s most anticipated tours of this year. After drawing capacity crowds overseas last year, he is set to return as a “force to be reckoned with” (Daily Star) with plans to trek across Europe while also making his debut headlining run in Canada in addition to US dates. For more information about new music and for a full list of upcoming tour dates, visit ThomasRhett.com.