THOMAS RHETT LEADS THE WAY TO WHERE WE STARTED – OUT APRIL 1
Album Cover Courtesy of The Valory Music Co.
NASHVILLE, TN – (January 14, 2022) — GRAMMY® Awards nominee Thomas Rhett is unveiling detailstoday for WHERE WE STARTED — the superstar’s upcoming sixth studio album available on April 1 (The Valory Music Co). Inspired by his return to the road — after foregoing live fan-filled arenas across the globe for his living room in Nashville like so many — the album marks a similar return to Thomas Rhett's in-the-moment mix of tempo, transcendent romance and tip-of-the-spear sonic trailblazing, as Country’s resident good-life philosopher shakes away a year-plus of off-stage dust. Fans can pre-order the album here beginning today and will instantly receive two new tracks, the poetic ballad “Angels” and foot-tapping “Church Boots." Fans can also pre-order exclusive autographed bundles now at ThomasRhettShop.com.
“For me, getting into the entertainer headspace and back onstage was euphoria,” Thomas Rhett explains. "When you go a year and a half without it, then feel it for the first time again, it’s the coolest thing in the world. That’s really where my brain has been and where these songs came from — they’re some of my favorite songs that I've ever been a part of. I’m just enjoying life so much right now, getting to be a dad, collaborating with incredible artists, playing shows with my friends, and watching people smile from the stage. It has really filled my soul.”
Featuring 15 songs, all but one co-written by Thomas Rhett, the project highlights his signature infusion of Country tradition with kinetic romantic energy. Mixing raw, unfiltered joy with his uniquely personal, small-town Shakespeare writing — with producer Dann Huff returning alongside co-producers Jesse Frasure and Matt Dragstrem — the project enlists superstar Katy Perry for the dramatic root-pop title track, while also tapping collaborations with Riley Green, Tyler Hubbard and Russell Dickerson.
To hear more about WHERE WE STARTED, watch here: https://tr.lnk.to/WhereWeStarted_TrailerPR.
WHERE WE STARTED Track List:
1. "The Hill" | Lori McKenna, Jordan Reynolds, Emily Weisband
2. "Church Boots" | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith
3. "Bass Pro Hat" | Thomas Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Joshua Miller, Josh Thompson
4. "Anything Cold” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
5. “Angels” | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Jaten Dimsdale, Josh Thompson
6. "Half Of Me" (featuring Riley Green) | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Will Bundy, Josh Thompson
7. "Bring The Bar” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Parker Welling
8. "Paradise" | Thomas Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Ernest Keith Smith, Josh Thompson
9. "Death Row” (featuring Tyler Hubbard, Russell Dickerson) | Thomas Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley
10. "Mama’s Front Door" | Thomas Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Ashley Gorley, Chase McGill
11. "Slow Down Summer” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Sean Douglas, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
12. "Simple As A Song” | Thomas Rhett, Luke Laird, Josh Thompson
13. "Us Someday” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Amy Wadge
14. "Somebody Like Me” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson
15. "Where We Started (with Katy Perry) | Thomas Rhett, Jon Bellion, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
Ten years after signing his first record deal with Big Machine Label Group’s The Valory Music Co., arena-packing superstar Thomas Rhett — dubbed “the most reliable maker of No. 1 singles in Country music” (Variety) — has five studio albums, 18 MULTI-PLATINUM and GOLD-certified No. 1 hits, 12 BILLION streams and the longest current active streak of consecutive No. 1s in the format (Mediabase/Country Aircheck Chart). He has been honored with eight ACM Awards including Entertainer of the Year, two CMA Awards, five GRAMMY® Awards nominations, plus trophies from the CMT Music Awards, Billboard Awards and iHeartRadio Awards, in addition to being recognized with two CMA Triple Play awards for penning three No. 1 songs within a 12-month period. For more information, visit www.thomasrhett.com.