A THOUSAND HORSES RETURN WITH SCORCHING NEW PROJECT, BRIDGES, JUNE 2
Photo Credit: Ford Fairchild
Digital-Only Release Includes Chart-Rising Single “Preachin’ to the Choir”
Jam Packed Summer Of Festival Dates On Tap
NASHVILLE, TN (May 24, 2017) – BMLG Records hit makers A THOUSAND HORSES return this summer with the release of their hot-and-heavy, live-focused project, BRIDGES.
Arriving June 2, the digital-only release will put a new spotlight on this road-tested band of brothers – Michael Hobby (lead vocals), Bill Satcher (lead guitar), Zach Brown (guitar), and Graham Deloach (bass).BRIDGES shows a new high point in their patented fusion of Southern rock and country soul, featuring six scorching new tracks and seven acoustic live renditions – including a captivating version of their breakout smash, “Smoke.”
Lead single “Preachin’ to the Choir” is already climbing at Country radio and earning rave critical reviews. A laid back, lighters-in-the-air anthem, the summertime rocker is all about living life for good times and Saturday nights – and surrounding yourself with people who do the same.
BRIDGES was jointly produced by studio aces Corey Crowder and Dann Huff, with the band calling their own shots on each of the seven live tracks. Determined to set those live tracks apart from the rest, six were recorded “Live to Vinyl” at London’s Metropolis Studios and “Smoke” filled the air of Nashville’s famous Printer’s Alley.
Featuring titles like “Blaze of Somethin’,” “Burn Like Willie” and “Weekends In a Small Town,” the four band members were joined by in-demand co-writers like Ross Copperman, Ryan Hurd, The Cadillac Three’s Jaren Johnston, Heather Morgan, Josh Osborne, and the Warren Brothers.
BRIDGES follows A Thousand Horses’ 2015 breakout album, SOUTHERNALITY, a Top 5 hit that features the GOLD-certified #1 debut “Smoke.”
BRIDGES TRACK LIST:
1. “Blaze Of Somethin’” – Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Aaron Eshuis, Ryan Hurd*
2. “Burn Like Willie” – Zach Brown, Graham DeLoach, Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Corey Crowder*
3. “Preachin’ to the Choir” – Heather Morgan, Morgan Wallen, Brad Warren, Brett Warren**
4. “One Man Army” – Michael Hobby, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne**
5. “Bridges” – Zach Brown, Graham DeLoach, Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Corey Crowder*
6. “Weekends In a Small Town” – Michael Hobby, Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason*
7. “Travelin’ Man” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Jaren Johnston***
8. “Preachin’ to the Choir” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Heather Morgan, Morgan Wallen, Brad Warren, Brett Warren***
9. “Sunday Morning” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Zach Brown, Graham DeLoach, Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Rich Robinson***
10. “One Man Army” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Michael Hobby, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne***
11. “Bridges” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Zach Brown, Graham DeLoach, Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Corey Crowder***
12. “First Time” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Patrick Davis***
13. “Smoke” (Live from Printer’s Alley, Nashville) – Michael Hobby, Jon Nite, Ross Copperman***
*Produced by Corey Crowder
**Produced by Dann Huff
***Produced by A Thousand Horses
Meanwhile, the band will continue on with their loud-and-proud ways this summer, embarking on a jam-packed tour schedule of headlining shows and major festivals like CMA Music Festival and Country Stampede.
Here’s a complete list of dates and venues on A Thousand Horses’ summer tour schedule:
May 26 – Daytona Beach, FL @ Daytona Country 500
May 27 – Charlotte, NC @ Tour de Fat Festival
May 28 – Myrtle Beach, SC @ The Boathouse
May 29 – Charleston, SC @ Budweiser Salute to Service
May 30 – Birmingham, AL @ Tin Roof
June 03 – Forney, TX @ Forney BBQ Cook-Off & Festival
June 08 – Elko, NV @ Country Under the Stars
June 10 – Nashville, TN @ CMA Music Festival
June 11 – Temecula, CA @ Wilson Creek Winery
June 15 – Bakersfield, CA @ Buck Owens’ Crystal Palace
June 16 – San Diego, CA @ Moonshine Beach
June 17 – Santa Rosa, CA @ Country Summer
June 23 – Manhattan, KS @ Country Stampede
June 24 – Joliet, IL @ Taste of Joliet
June 29 – Detroit, MI @ Campus Martius
July 08 – Varysburg, NY @ Jam in the Valley
July 09 – Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun
July 14 – Salinas, CA @ California Rodeo
July 15 – Reno, NV @ Cargo Concert Hall at Whitney Peak Hotel
July 22 – Glencoe, MN @ Heat in the Street Music Festival
July 28 – Dubuque, IA @ Dubuque County Fair
July 29 – Grover Hill, OH @ Wetzelland
August 04 – Cherokee, IA @ Mill Creek Festival
August 05 – Saint Joseph, MI @ WYTZ Summer Jam Fan Appreciation Show
August 12 – Minong, WI @ Northwoods Country Music Festival
October 20 – Baton Rouge, LA @ Texas Club
For more information on A Thousand Horses, please visit AThousandHorses.com.
About A Thousand Horses:
Dubbed “Country’s coolest band” by Rolling Stone Country, A Thousand Horses delivers an authentic fusion of Southern rock and contemporary Country mixed with rowdy jams. Their new 13-track project BRIDGES is set for digital release on June 2 and features their chart-rising single “Preachin’ to the Choir” along with seven acoustic tracks, six of which were recorded live in the U.K. at the famed Metropolis Studios. “Preaching’ to the Choir” is quickly becoming the working-man’s anthem and follows their successful debut single “Smoke.” The chart-topping track made Country Aircheck history as the highest debut for a new artist and solidified the band (with at least three members) as the first this decade to score a No. 1 with their first single on the Billboard Country Airplay Chart. A Thousand Horses have scored multiple award show nominations, most recently vying for the title of ACM New Vocal Duo or Group at the 52nd Annual ACM Awards. The band’s first album on BMLG Records, SOUTHERNALITY, blends Southern Rock and influential sounds of The Black Crowes and Rolling Stones’ Exile on Main Street era. The talented foursome soars with Michael Hobby on lead vocals as Bill Satcher and Zach Brown on guitar and Graham Deloach on bass round out their unique grooves. A Thousand Horses headlined a string of shows in the U.K. last fall and have previously toured with Jason Aldean on his wildly successful SIX STRING CIRCUS TOUR.