Cover Art Courtesy of BMLG Records
Fresh Tracks Make Splash Debut on ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY
Lead Single “Preachin’ to the Choir” Lighting Up Charts
NASHVILLE, TN (June 2, 2017) – Rowdy country rockers A THOUSAND HORSES have today (6/2) released their second project on BMLG Records, the scorching, live-focused BRIDGES. Get it here: http://smarturl.it/BridgesATH.
Making its exclusive streaming debut on Thursday (6/1), ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY praised the hot-and-heavy album for its “stadium-sized tracks,” “new, refined sense of groove,” and “Southern-rock edge,” while lead singer Michael Hobby hinted at where the road-tested band is headed next.
“It’s bridging the gap of what’s to come,” he said of the aptly-titled project.
Comprised of six swaggering new tracks and seven acoustic versions of the band’s best-live jams – like their GOLD-certified breakout #1, “Smoke” – the album was co-produced by the band themselves with studio aces Corey Crowder and Dann Huff. Each of the acoustic tracks was recorded live, with six taking shape in London’s famed Metropolis Studios (recorded live-to-vinyl) and “Smoke” filling the air during a raucous night in the Nashville tourist destination of Printer’s Alley.
BRIDGES is available digitally, and it follows the Top 5 success of the band’s debut album,SOUTHERNALITY. Lead single “Preachin’ to the Choir” is already rising up the Country Airplay charts, connecting with fans as a laid back, lighters-in-the-air anthem about living life for good times and Saturday nights. The track was co-written by Heather Morgan, Morgan Wallen, and the Warren Brothers, and other hit makers involved in the album include Ross Copperman, Ryan Hurd, The Cadillac Three’s Jaren Johnston and Josh Osborne.
A Thousand Horses is made up of Michael Hobby (lead vocals), Bill Satcher (lead guitar), Zach Brown (guitar), and Graham Deloach (bass). They’ll be touring all summer with dates scheduled from California to Connecticut and major festival appearances at the CMA Music Festival (6/10) and Country Stampede (6/23).
BRIDGES TRACK LIST:
1. “Blaze Of Somethin’” – Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Aaron Eshuis, Ryan Hurd*
2. “Burn Like Willie” – Zach Brown, Graham DeLoach, Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Corey Crowder*
3. “Preachin’ to the Choir” – Heather Morgan, Morgan Wallen, Brad Warren, Brett Warren**
4. “One Man Army” – Michael Hobby, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne**
5. “Bridges” – Zach Brown, Graham DeLoach, Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Corey Crowder*
6. “Weekends In a Small Town” – Michael Hobby, Jaren Johnston, Neil Mason*
7. “Travelin’ Man” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Jaren
8. “Preachin’ to the Choir” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Heather Morgan, Morgan Wallen,
Brad Warren, Brett Warren***
9. “Sunday Morning” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Zach Brown, Graham DeLoach,
Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Rich Robinson***
10. “One Man Army” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Michael Hobby, Ross Copperman,
11. “Bridges” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Zach Brown, Graham DeLoach, Michael Hobby,
Bill Satcher, Corey Crowder***
12. “First Time” (Live from Metropolis Studios, London) – Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Patrick Davis***
13. “Smoke” (Live from Printer’s Alley, Nashville) – Michael Hobby, Jon Nite, Ross Copperman***
*Produced by Corey Crowder
**Produced by Dann Huff
***Produced by A Thousand Horses
For more information on A Thousand Horses, please visit AThousandHorses.com.
ABOUT A THOUSAND HORSES: Dubbed “Country’s coolest band” by Rolling Stone Country, A Thousand Horses delivers an authentic fusion of Southern rock and contemporary Country mixed with rowdy jams. Their new 13-track project BRIDGES is available through digital retailers now and features their chart-rising single “Preachin’ to the Choir” along with seven acoustic tracks, six of which were recorded live in the U.K. at the famed Metropolis Studios. “Preaching’ to the Choir” is quickly becoming the working-man’s anthem and follows their successful debut single “Smoke.” The chart-topping track made Country Aircheck history as the highest debut for a new artist and solidified the band (with at least three members) as the first this decade to score a No. 1 with their first single on the Billboard Country Airplay Chart. A Thousand Horses have scored multiple award show nominations, most recently vying for the title of ACM New Vocal Duo or Group at the 52nd Annual ACM Awards. The band’s first album on BMLG Records, SOUTHERNALITY, blends Southern Rock and influential sounds of The Black Crowes and Rolling Stones’ Exile on Main Street era. The talented foursome soars with Michael Hobby on lead vocals as Bill Satcher and Zach Brown on guitar and Graham Deloach on bass round out their unique grooves. A Thousand Horses headlined a string of shows in the U.K. last fall and have previously toured with Jason Aldean on his wildly successful SIX STRING CIRCUS TOUR.